Save Kill a Croc, Face Charges on social network:

Kill a Croc, Face Charges

We have had an alligator swimming around in one of our local lakes since May. Local law enforcement, animal control, and everybody else has been trying to catch it, under the assumption that it is dangerous.

Yesterday, a fisherman caught and killed the thing. It was almost 4 feet long and he clubbed it to death (although he states that he only meant to render it unconscious).

There has been a hue and cry because this man killed the creature. All the local news shows have been showing people talking about how harmless it was. One guy even told the news "I've been hunting for him (with a net) for three weeks but (if it hadn't been killed) tonight was the night I was going to catch him." Personally, the thing looked big enough to mangle a hand or do some serious damage to a foot or leg; I know I'd have wanted to put it out of commission if I'd caught it while fishing.

And now they're talking about federal charges. The fisherman's already hired an attorney (David Baugh, no less) so it could get really interesting.

The lesson here? If you think you have to kill an animal because it's a danger to you and others don't own up to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Info recommended by: Webpages of law and Law articles

© Online law articles: Kill a Croc, Face Charges